Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Passing thoughts

I was back running at East Coast today morning! It's been some time since I ran there but the route still felt familiar and while running, some random thoughts passed my mind. So I thought maybe I would want to blog it down.

East Coast is a place which I always think its quite a distance to cycle with a mountain bike, less running it. But somehow, on a moment of impulse in choosing whether to run 21km or 42km, I signed up for the marathon last year, which forced me to run long distances and East Coast became the best place to train. I never thought I could finish running the whole stretch of East Coast. Somehow, it happened, together with running the whole stretch of Changi Coast Road that extends from the end of East Coast, which I remember I was swearing on the bike at the straight long road during Bike Hike 04. And eventually, I completed the marathon last year. All these memories of training and completing the race flashed passed while I was running today. And they did stir some ripples in my sea of thoughts: Things that I never thought I could have achieved, but did it anyway. And suddenly many examples just pop up, making this twenty years seem like an accident of events, or is it? Am I what I am today because of a series of accidental events in life? Pondering more, I thought these 'accidental events' happened because the seed of thought was planted in the first place. I did dream of running a marathon some years back.

After my morning run, looking at the morning sky and sea, I thought perhaps the story of life is how you want it to unfold. All events that can happen will happen, only if you can think of them happening.

Think to begin, Act to become.