Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 07, 2007

Work

It's four weeks into the semester and schoolwork is piling up. Been trying to clear some of them these few days but was unable to summon enough discipline or having mental blocks when attempting to them. Yet life's not so bad after all. I am starting to know most of my classmates (and also happily accept that it's almost an all guy's class). I also look forward to the weekly canoe polo training to release the suppressed violent tendencies of me accumulated from the frustrations and sianness of mugging. Admist the monotomy of a work-oriented week, little actions certainly go a long way as a pleasant surprise, thanks :) Well, I am glad I am adapting well to university life. Things are now starting to settle in place and I have better control of my time now.

"The only way to go beyond work is through work. It is not that work itself is valuable; we surmount work by work. The real value of work lies in the strength of self-denial."
--Kobo Abe, The Woman in the Dunes