Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Botak Jones

Went with my army friends to botak jones yesterday to celebrate jy bdae at the clementi outlet. It's my third time eating at botak jones! And yesterday was the second time I ordered a cajun chicken set, plus a shared plate of large whoopass cheese fries! It funny how 1 month in university can change our conversation topics. It used to be army here army there when we had outings. But yesterday, the topic was this lectuerer sux or don't understand what that lecturer was talking or I spent 3 hours doing one question in my tutorial! There was also a significant decrease in the universal friendly gesture -F- used too. We dun use it as a punctuation anymore. More cultured now? Less 'Ah beng?' Nevertheless, despite the erosion of crude culture, we can still talk about any rubbish. Just that the rubbish topics now include maths and equations and being in an almost all guys class. No more Russel Peter's jokes!

And one hour passed like nobody's business when you are in good company. or engrossed in what you are doing.

I went home after my outing to do my tutorial which was supposed to be submitted today. I din realise that it was already 2am by the time I cleared it. As a result, I missed today's morning run which I promised myself cos' my lazy body just refused to get out of bed! I really missed going ecp to run every sat morning.

Today, on my way back from school I remembered I haven been on msn for a while since most of the time I was trying to clear my pile of work. I am not sure when did it become a 'habit' to come online. So, on my boring journey home I did some mental sums, like those sch kids having mental sums. The only difference is that I don't have an exercise book now to write it down like last time. But I think my mental sum is more meaningful than those your teachers give you, kiddos.

Assuming an average of 2h spent on msn per day.
1 Day = 2h
30 Day = 60h (awake)
= 2.5 Days (awake) -------- (1)

[ Recall: An interesting chat with my friend yesterday taught me the concept of waking days. If you sleep 10hour per day, which is about half a day, you only live about 30 waking years if your lifespan is 60 years. Sound like some chim crap, but I shall crap on. ]

So assuming you are a superman and sleep an approximately 4h per day.
Total waking hours per month = 20 x 30
= 600h
= 25 Days --------(2)

Comparing (1) and (2), percentage of waking time spent on msn = (2.5/25)*100%
= 10%

How you infer this value of 10% is up to you. Cos I have not really reflected on the 10% either. It's just out of curousity on the train that I worked out the percentage. We can't say msn is totally bad and time wasting because it's a virtual meeting place with your friends and many other advantages you can name. But we can't say that 10% is not a significant amount of time. And maybe 10% is just too much an underestimate because you might just be online for more than 2 hours and sleep more than 4 hours per day. So next time when I want to complain I dun have enough time, I should think twice whether I am a victim of time or vice versa.

Took so long to type out the maths when my mental sum only took less than 1min. Haolian my core 2 duo brain processor a bit =)