Friday, August 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Singapore!

Finally, I get to watch NDP this year! Well, the past three years I have been going to Marina Bay with 29th OAC to squeeze with the crowd so as to catch the fireworks! Today, I am glad I could be a couch potato and watch the full parade from the comfort of my home!

Two years ago...

Thought bubble: A chain of malay commands, which I could't understand. The marching contingent looked cool, especially the guard of honour, majestic flag.

Two years later...

Thought bubble: Finally I understand what the hell those commands meant! The marching contingent looked cool, especially the guard of honour, majestic flag! (Its called the Colours) Recalling from my experience of being in the colour party, holding the Colours really made your right bicep so much bigger than your left one such that you need to do something to your left arm to balance up the size. When there is a breeze, endure! When there is a strong wind, you are lucky if you don't fly! When marching with the Colours, you will be cursing and swearing at that irritating sword which kept hitting against your leg. From far it looks neat and cool, from near every one is full of sweat from the Hentak Kaki. But involvement indeed made me more appreciative to the whole event.

One year ago... It is what most NSF will call Saikang (Shit Work)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Fortunately, exposure in an active unit allowed me to gained some insight to that saikang. After watching NDP this year, this quote sounds even more meaningful now.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Happy Birthday Singapore!