Monday, August 27, 2007

Some updates

Weekend was a a seemingly short and eventful one even though I slept about 2 hours on sat and sun each. I was so sleepy when I went for tuts today. It got worse when I got to try hard to figure out what my tutors were saying. One was Made in China the other was Made in Sri Lanka. My four hours passed really slow today. But I was glad it was over eventually. Recalled what Einstein said.

"Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that pretty girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity."
Albert Einstein

Took part in AHM2007 on Sunday. Not sure if it's just this year, but it's the first year in three years that I saw high frequencies of ambulance evacuation. And I saw one person fainted just before the finishing line. Later in the day, I heard about the captain who collapsed and died. Life is fragile. Seems like you never know when you will be leaving this world. You can only try to live fully by the day I guess. Nevertheless, Sunday was still a good run. Although I was quite tired from the lack of sleep, my eyes really wanted to close while I was running, I still managed to meet my goal of not stopping for the 21km. After the run, I felt like going for marathon again this year end but its a pity that I got to give it up. All thanks to having exams on the next two days. Running half marathon, as the name suggests, only feels like half the journey completed. But more importantly, there is one less thing to look forward for this year. I need to find another goal to replace this one so that I can have a purpose to exercise and train.

Today is my sis birthday. Happy Birthday zy! But most importantly, it's one of the rare occasion in a year when the whole family enjoy a meal together, which I really appreciate.