Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ramblings

I just want to vent my displeasure today on this blog. Vulgarities and insults are regretted, superficially.

I went to Woodlands Library before school today to read up on some of the info required by my course. The library was quite vacant as it was still early in the morning, about 10am. I borrowed this Engineering Mathematics book and happily went to the reading room to cross reference this book with my JC notes. And remember, the library was vacant. There were only 3 people in the big reading room.

After some time this stupid muddy librarian came in. She said "excuse me, no studying in the library" , then said "and no sleeping in the library". I was stunned. Even though I did not reply her, my mind was thinking "what the fuck are u saying". Damn. Did I look like some stupid teenagers occupying the library tables spreading out all their notes, mugging and chatting at the same time? It's precisely I need to refer to a book in the library that's why I was there. And that cockhead ask me to stop studying? Isn't Reading a SUBSET of Studying? If you are reading, you are studying anyway! And it's forbidden in the library. What a joke! And closing my eyes to imagine how those screwed vectors intersect with planes means I was sleeping! It was as though I was wasting their pure airconditioned oxygen, converting them to carbon dioxide. Maybe I think more so I produce more carbon dioxide. But then, the plants in there can photosynthesise more! What's more, I was not using their tables even though they have so many vacant tables out there! I was jus sitting on a couch by myself, occupying less than 1.5m by 1.5m of area. I think she suffer from psychosis, as what our previous OCS SSM used to say. Psychosis is too much psy (shit) in your brain, that they start to ooze out.

So maybe to them reading means u skim through a book. If you are reading indepth means you are studying, then that is forbidden by the library. If you are using a pencil to jot down important points from a library book that's even more sinful. You will be chased out of the forbidden city. It made me wonder what is a library then? Out of curousity, I went to dictionary.com to find out its meaning. Here it is.

Library (noun)
a place set apart to contain books, periodicals, and other material for reading, viewing, listening, study, or reference, as a room, set of rooms, or building where books may be read or borrowed.